Monday, February 1, 2016

That Didn’t Fit Right!

"See a shoe and pick it up and all day long you'll have Good Luck" ( Andy Warhol)

Oh! Those red sole stilettos
Elegant lines,curves to die for
I put my foot to see how they look
Yikes! the lil’ toe pops out!

These flat soles Ferragamo's

Maybe these will fit in snugly
As soon I slide my foot into them
Ouch! I belt out a painful shriek!

I look at the dainty loafers now

So sure they’ll fit in like a glove
Pressed together like polystyrene peanuts
My toes cry out  “Oh, no, no!"

It's the boot's turn now to be tested 

Tall and classy they beseech me
One foot down the other to go
Stop right now!They aren't the right fit!

“The right fit! The right fit!

It fits me fine! ” can I ever say it 
Alas! For a sad shoe lover like me
All I say is “That didn’t quite fit!”

Why is it that no shoe fits me fine

Why do I go through this footwear turmoil  
From clogs to pumps, wedges to heels
What is it that Oh! so bothers me!

Well it is something I was born with
It's called the 6th digit in medical term
It's an additional toe finger
That's affixed permanently on my left one!

Aah! my tiny sixth toe finger

I wish there was a shoe for you
Can’t think of getting you off my foot
Grandma said my luck’s in you!!!

I will continue with  the ‘right fit’ chase 

Just like I have been doing  for years
I know for sure, there’s a shoe out there 
That will make me sing the " #Perfect- fit" cheer!

PS: I am on a perpetual shoe hunting spree until I get my dream shoes! Till that time you may see me happily flip flopping, joyfully hopping donning the most comfortable "Hawaii chappals"! (thong slippers)


Posters : Andy Warhol Shoe Illustrations
Celebrate yourself with a perfect fit. Take the Buttercups quiz @ http://bit.ly/buttercupsquiz and get that perfect fit you deserve. Use GYRF10 to avail a 10% discount

No comments: